3.14.2015

Pi Day - Ultimate Edition!

Well, it's Pi Day again.

This time around, though, it's extra special. This year, the date and time is 3/14/15 9:26:53, something that happens only once every 100 years! You can even get a t-shirt about it, of course.

I was planning to take a picture of my atomic wall clock on the exact Pi second, but I realized that it doesn't display the year anywhere. I then went in search of a website that displayed the time and date in the right format, and I found something even better - time.is/pi_day!

The website has a special page dedicated to Pi Day, which displays the numbers white when they're not part of the pi digits, and black with digits of Pi in the background when the numbers are part of Pi.

Here's a picture of the clock when it's not the exact right time:



And here's the Pi Second!



Happy Pi Day of the Century!

Random fact of the day: Albert Einstein was born on Pi Day, though he didn't know it at the time.

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

I did think of you... remembering you reciting those digits in the basement of Hickman. Hope you and Ali are doing well!

Ali said...

Yay for a fun Ultimate Pi Day! Glad I could share it (and the spaghetti pie for lunch) with you!

Post a Comment